Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The best medicine yet!!!

Today my bff Margie drove 3 hours in the wee morning hours to spend the day with me!

She arrived shortly after 10 AM. She and I along with the blacksmith caught up on life since we were last together in person.

At 11:30 Margie and I headed to town. She wanted to go with me for my treatment. We were in and out of the cancer center in 15 minutes flat. I’m now 1/4 of the way finished!!!




It was then lunch time. We both love Mexican food so to Holts Summit we went. 






Across the street we drove to Rooster Creek quilt store. There she found two pieces of patriotic fabric.

Zoom back to Jefferson City, we stopped at Calvert gifts. There she found 3 or 4 tops. I lost count finding them and passing them her way. I found nothing. I guess you could say I was her personal shopper.



Just down the block,it  was a must stop at Central Dairy. Ice cream is always good, especially shared with a friend. 





Margie made a Wild Goose Chase comfort quilt for me. She had secretly asked the hubby what my favorite colors were, he told her something bright. She told me that if all the points don't match, just think, maybe the goose had a little too much to drink before they took off. 

I will enjoy recovering with my comfort quilt.  I love you Margie.

And as quick as she came, she left. By 2:35 she was back on the road to home. 

It was a day of heartfelt healing for us both. 

2 comments:

Lise said...

Aww, I love this! Margie is a true friend. Love your recovery quilt :) Sending healing hugs and light!

Lori @ Back Porch Ramblings said...

Days with old friends are good medicine and the quilt is beautiful!