Monday, August 19, 2019

One more machine


Let's just say it's a 7 year itch.  Of course I fully expect it to last much longer. However it's been almost 7 years since I fell in love with old sewing machines. 



This is a 1935 Singer #127, I found on Facebook market place. It was located just 30 minutes away.  I drooled when I saw the set up.

The seller said it had been donated to her church at Lake of the Ozarks and she purchased it with hopes of sewing. She never followed  through on the sewing part.


This was in the drawer. The drawer that locks with the same key that keeps the cover on the machine!

I always like to find out the history on any machine I acquire. I found  Oliver E. Beas (1928-2002) from Washington Missouri served in the United States Navy during World War II. He was an electrician mate third class. This could possibly be the same man?.




The knee bar in the top of the picture is a gem. A lot of times you'll find the old machines with that missing.

This machine actually has two. One can be used when the machine is set down into the table. The other is for table top sewing.



If my counting is correct this might be machine #22.


No comments: