Friday, December 24, 2021

A wonderful Christmas gift - memory

Martha Washington candy!!!



Today I got a text from my daughter in law Lori with this picture, saying she thought I might like this.  A week or so ago I was telling her about this candy. I got the recipe in Home Economics in 7th or 8th grade. Yes, I took Home Ec every year I could, if you can believe that.

It was my mother's favorite candy at Christmas from then on.  I made it often in those early years. 


Here's my original recipe typed out on and old typewriter, whatever those were?



Excuse me now while I go wipe away my tears. Miss you Mom.  Thank you, Lori, I love you!


2 comments:

Janna and Mike said...

I think my Mom made that exact recipe when we were kids! I wonder if Mom still has the recipe. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

My momma and daddy made this candy I haven't seen this recipe in years so glad you shared it thank you 😊