Monday, October 12, 2009

Arrow Rock Missouri 2009

Look what I found in MISSOURI on the way to the Arrow Rock festival. It's a Missouri Barn Quilt. And to think I went all the way to Ohio two weeks ago to find them.

I'll have to admit, I didn't take this picture. (Thanks flickr). We saw it on the way in and was going to snap a picture on the way out. Darn if we didn't go home a different way.







This is Main street.






Some of the carved pumpkins on display.






This is the pottery I bought from Wolf's Point Studio. She uses lace to make the pattern. The piece is like a small cake stand.




We ate lunch at the 1834 Arrow Rock Tavern. The meal was pulled pork, mashed potatoes with the skins on, milk gravy and candied green beans along with corn bread with honey butter. As soon as I got home I had to google the recipe for the green beans. They were so delicious. Basically what I found, you make them just like candied sweet potatoes, a little bacon and lot of brown sugar.


It was a very cool fall day. We wore layers, some of which included
cuddle duds! We saw many talented artists, viewed a quilt show, saw street musicians, watched apple butter being made, ropes being braided, yarn spun and ran into several old friends.
I took so many pictures, I felt this was the best way to share them with you:


5 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks for sharing the pics!!

You live in a fun part of the country! Your lunch looked soooo good!! Never heard of candied beans, will have to try them out!

I liked the pilgrim quilt, very unique!!

Kathy W said...

Never heard of candied beans either.
Love those quilts. Would have had a very hard time deciding which one to buy.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Hooray for Cuddl Duds! That reminds me to put some on my Christmas list. Mine are all worn out.

Your pottery piece is lovely... how cool that they used lace in the process.

Love the slide show. Almost as good as being there in person (one of our favorite local festivals). And the barn quilt is awesome, of course. Thanks for sharing!! Gosh, I love that place :) -tammy

Diana LaMarre said...

You never know what you may find right in your own backyard!

Never heard of candied green beans. I like candied carrots/yams, so I probably would like those, too.

What a pretty lace pottery piece.

Sara said...

As usual, a very fun tour. :)
Lovely pictures, lovely quilts, and I like the pottery.

Of course, you always get me with the food. Yum! Though I'm only just now getting over my recent pulled pork overdose!