Friday, January 6, 2012

I've got a free shopping weekend!

The blacksmith, his brother (a.k.a. my favorite BIL), and nephew left to go deer hunting up north today.



I tried to tell them, they put the topper on the wrong thing. But you know I'm a woman, what do I know?!?!?




They still loaded it up. 

And off they went.


So what's a girl to do, all alone? Let's go Shopping.


First it was Hobby Lobby, a girl needs fabric. Next stop was Missouri Blvd Antique shop, on to the car wash, and then lunch with my sister. 




One of my first stops was Yellow Moon antique shop. There I saw this antique back pack. It was twice the price of the new oak back pack I bought the son for Christmas.


I saw this child mink stole.  Sixty-five dollar would take it home. I so thought about Sarah at Makin' projik's and her little sweet cheeks. It would look adorable on her.




At Frenchie's Antique Mall I bought this cast iron muffin/pop over pan. It has both the mark of Griswold and Wagner ware. 


I stopped in at the Lutheran resell it shop. There I spent $6.00, a pair of pink snow pants for the grand daughter for $3, a $2 pillow for the blacksmith and his recliner, and a $1 wall hanging for the laundry room. 


And tomorrow's another day!

5 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Patti,
Looks like you had a fun day shopping. I love that cast iron muffin pan. I bet it's super heavy.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I bet you will be putting some of that new fabric to use. :)

Marge said...

Oh, I am jealous! I need a weekend alone with my sisters and shopping. And I think I just may work putting one together.

Have fun and find bargains.

Deanna said...

I don't understand why you didn't pick up that stole ;0

Sounds like a fun day. Love your muffin pan.

Deanna

jerilanders said...

Love the Basket back pack... I can imagine the cost. The muffin tins are perfect, what a find. You make me want to go antique-ing!

GerryART said...

Yellow Moon, Frenchies
what more could a gal ask for ! ! !
Hugs,
Gerry