Thursday, January 17, 2013

A PINK quilt for baby Claire



 The waiting family.

Grandma Darlene (the blacksmith's sister) has been looking forward to meeting her first grand daughter after four grandsons. 

Today baby Claire made her arrival right on time. She arrived at 7:53 AM weighing in at 6 lbs 15 ounces. 



I had been asked to make a PINK quilt. Here is what I came up with. It measures 44 inches by 58 inches and is machine quilted and machine appliqued. 

I think it will look great with her red hair!

Congratulations Cole, Leah, and big brother Grant!

Signed 
your great-aunt Patti

6 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

it's beautiful! and what a cutie!

Lise said...

I love that first picture, that is an awesome family picture! And your quilt is perfect, welcome to the world Claire! Congrats to all the family:)

Unknown said...

It doesn't look like it is 44x58

Flat Creek Farm said...

I have miss-clicked about 3 times to get here.. what is the matter with me?! Anyhoo.. was trying to leave a comment. Love the pink quilt.. could not be any sweeter ♥ And that sweet family above.. that is one of the cutest maternity shots I have ever ever seen! Sweet baby too. Congrats to the family! -Tammy

GerryART said...

PINK Rules!!!!!!!!

Hugs

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Aww, congrats!