Friday, March 8, 2013

A day of first

This might be my first post from my iPod.

Today I had a warm bowl of steel cut oats ready when I woke up. No the blacksmith wasn't in the kitchen cooking.

I have a very small 4 cup crock pot. I added 1/4 cup of oats and 1 cup of water. I then found a timer to plug it into ( like you can use on your Christmas tree). I set it to come on at 2:00 AM.

At 6:30 it was steaming ready to go. I added some butter, brown sugar, and a little milk! Yum yum.

Now if I get the picture posted I'll have lots of firsts today!

9 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I love oatmeal in the morning.. I add honey and blueberries.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Wow you did better than me. I ca nt figure out how's to get pictures in the log.

Deanna said...

Good job all the way around! I have one of those little crock pots too. I might just have to try that.

jerilanders said...

Yumm i dearly love oats, had them yesterday as a matter of fact.

Diana LaMarre said...

I, too, love a dab of butter in my oatmeal (with just a smidge of brown sugar and a tablespoon or two of milk). What a clever idea to put a timer on to have it all made when you woke up!

GerryART said...

Seems you made a perfect start, Patti.

See you at Guild

Hugs

Lise said...

I love crock pots, they make cooking so convenient! Your oatmeal looks delicious...I'm going to have to try your technique:)

Flat Creek Farm said...

I missed this one! What a great idea. I have one of those timers and a little crockpot too. It belonged to my Grandma, and I use it for dips and things. Steel cut oats - genius! I'm doin' this! Thanks :) -T

Flat Creek Farm said...

also, great job on the post! i must find out what kind of gadget you have there. -T