Saturday, June 21, 2014

This one's for you Lise

As I walked through the front yard yesterday I saw all these things "popping" up. It reminded me of my friend Lise. Actually her husband Johny too, as he is the morel king as I hear it. I've never met him in person. I just know him through Lise's blog, Lise's Log Cabin

Lise and I met last year when we got together at John C. Campbell Folk School for a day of visiting. She even dined with us on our anniversary. 

Lise, I wish it could happen again this month while we are at JCC!







We won't eat these. I'm pretty sure they are not edible.  Can you tell me Johny?


6 comments:

Jerry C said...

I could never be a mushroom hunter. They all look poisonous to me.

Charade said...

Lately we've gotten a bunch of these popping up, as well as some without the spots that are as big and full as a bread loaf! Can't wait to read what Johnny says.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Unless it looks like a morel mushroom, I won't touch it. Have a great week!

Lise said...

Patti, I am sincerely touched that you would write about me, my blog, and my mountain/mushroom man:) I sure wish I could see you at JCC this summer...we'll make it happen again some day! So Johny says "Pretty sure they are the lawn mushroom that usually are in a fairy ring - not edible". So good choice on our part not to eat them. As and FYI, Johny also said the mushroom season seems to be delayed. He hasn't seen much sprouting yet, and thinks it may be due to the cold winter.

I hope all is well with you my friend. For me, life continues to be good. Moving into my new "temporary permanent" beachy place this weekend. Woo hoo!

Deanna said...

Our silly Chihuahua eats those all the time. We cannot keep him away from them. So far he is still alive. Hope you are enjoying JCC!

Dar said...

Not sure I would want to eat those, but they make for a good picture. Have fun at the JCCI. One day I'd love to experience that place.