Tuesday, February 6, 2018

and then there was January 2018

So my plan to blog every month, isn't getting off to a good start. I did upload some pictures in January and then there it was left, until today.




Facebook! you never know what you'll find on there. One morning the hubby and I were scrolling through and saw our son playing rodeo!


January 1st, we always attend the Headache hammer in at a friend's shop in Washington Missouri. Grandson Alex went with us. 

Before school was called back, we had some extremely cold temperatures.  Ice fishing it was. Here Lizzie shows off one of her catches. She loved the event.

 Brady, the 16 year old enjoyed the snacks!

 Alex caught a nice 3 lb. bass.

The blacksmith tries the lake behind our house. It didn't supply as many as the lake at our cabin. 

Look who's coming to Missouri!  The Florida guys.


 They too enjoyed the snow, ice fishing,. snow angels, sledding, 4 wheeling . . . . 

 2 year old Logan!

 He loved the rides grandpa gave him.

 We had so much family time. Here the 3 little ones play their version of Twister!

 Eventually they wear out.

 Tractor rides.
 Sled rides.
 Turtle rides!

 Our annual front door, 'how much have I grown since last time' photo.

 One of my favorite pictures. This barn has been in the family for 4 generations.
I must get this one framed!

Daughter Sarah, her husband Rusty and kids loved the woods. 

We so enjoyed January. Now what will February bring???



7 comments:

loves2spin said...

I LOVE your pictures! I feel compelled to tell you... here in Indiana, they recently passed a law requiring children to wear a suitable helmet, like a motorcycle helmet, when riding on an RV like in your pictures... and then just last week, a 2-year-old girl was killed by an accident on one. She was not wearing a helmet. :'(

Deanna said...

I cannot imagine a better January than yours. I loved all of the pictures, but especially the barn one and the one of Logan all bundled up like a mummy.

Down On The Farm said...

Looks like so much fun!! You are one blessed lady. Beautiful family!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I enjoyed seeing your photos...looks like a wonderful January was had at your house. Hope February is just as nice! Can you believe we already 9 days into this month? Spring will be here before we know it. Yay!

Lady Locust said...

I love it! I just found you. I too am a quilter and my hubby is a metal fabricator/blacksmith and fisherman. I cracked up when I saw your blog.

JerryC said...

Family time is the best. Looks cold!!!

Dar said...

Lots of fun family photos. I know how hard it is to keep up the blog posting while life goes on. Glad to see what you've been up to.