Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Breast Cancer . . . a sisterhood I never wanted to join . . .

But then you don't have control in some of the directions you take in life.  God is in control!! Repeat GOD IS CONTROL.




Wednesday January 16th, 12:45 pm in for a routine mammogram.


The next day, Thursday,  the hospital called, there was something they wanted to take another look at.


Friday 10:00 am, I was back in for another mammogram along with an ultra sound. Before the close of business hours they called me. I would need a biopsy. Since I was currently taking a baby aspirin a day, I'd have to be off of them for 5 days before the procedure would be performed. It was set up for Wednesday.


Wednesday, a week since the first Mammogram I went in for a biopsy. They actually took 5 biopsies. 


Thursday I was fabric shopping at 11:30 and my cell phone rang. It was a doctor at the Cancer Center calling to tell me it was cancer. She set me up with a surgeon for the following Tuesday. I asked if I just sat tight until then and she replied no I'd like to see you today. Within the hour my husband I  were in the Goldschmidt Cancer center, a place I never expected to be.

The doctor was so caring, patient, understanding, and gave very well explained details, You could tell she cared about every patient as if they were her own sister.

On Monday I had an MRI.

Today it was time to meet the surgeon, a lady doctor who we really liked. Friday we will meet with the doctor who will administer radiation. It's not decided if I can have the quick internal type, or the loooong six week type. We are hoping surgery will be next week. Should know more by the week end. (Insert prayer request for short type radiation)



So my plan is not to be in this sisterhood too long. Don't send me pink, don't send me cancer ribbons, I want this behind me. Then I'm picking a sisterhood I WANT to be in.

I ask for your prayers for me, my husband of 49 years, my children and especially my grandchildren who have lost a great uncle and a 17 year old cousin to cancer in the past couple years. They won't understand that breast cancer is beatable. 

So for now . . . . I am going for a bigger pair of panties




Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Peace out
Patti

10 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love and prayers sent your way...Blessings, Marlene

Down On The Farm said...

Oh my sweet friend. My prayers are with you. I know that God IS in control and we can trust Him. The doctors at Goldschmidt are fantastic !! You’re in good hands. Please keep me updated with specifics so I know how to pray. You are not alone. You WILL get this behind you !!! Sending a big hug and lots of prayers !!!!!!

Granny said...

I am so sorry but I know with prayer, your faith, your attitude and the support of your family and so many who love you, you'll soon have this behind you and enjoying the sisterhood of your own choosing! God bless you, your family and your doctors!

You know how much I love coming to MO so if you need anything that I can provide, I'm just about 12 hours away!

Sherry D said...

Praying for you because that’s what I do best. I’m sorry you are going through this. ❤️

twodraftmom said...

Patti, praying for you to have a quick and easy recovery. May the doctors be guided by God. Take care. Claire s.

Diana LaMarre said...

Patti, I am so very sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family. It sounds like you have good medical care. Praying for a very fast recovery.

KatyTrailCreations said...

It’s no secret what God can do! Prayers friend!!

Unknown said...

Girl you are in my prayers! If anyone can beat thi, I know you can do it!!!!

dqlts said...

Patti, sorry to hear about this. I put you right on my prayer list. Blessings to you.

Terry said...

Sending prayers and hugs your way. I was recently diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. So we can take this journey of healing together. Keep your chin up. :0)