Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Same quilt, just different. . .



Three or four years ago I made Connor a super hero quilt. His whole room is decorated in super heroes. Including a print by my friend Pattie's husband, Mark Bagley. Mark is a comic artist for Marvel comics. So Connor  has a pretty cool room.


This was the first quilt I made for Connor.

Fast forward to January of this year and Connor had his tonsils and adenoids removed. He had a set back, okay 2 set backs, and in the process, his quilt was ruined. I'll spare you the details. 

Since his room was so full of the super heroes it only made sense to stick with the theme.

So I went back to Hobby Lobby and they still had the same fabric. I found a panel with the Super Heroes on it and ordered it from EBay. 



Here is one side.






This is the other side. Call me crazy but I tried  (and accomplished) my first reversible quilt!!

I would flip the quilt from front to back depending on the pattern when I machine quilted it. I did the quilting on a 1952 (that was such a great year) Singer 15-91 machine. My late friend Phil Cox, made a quilt foot for the vintage machine. The foot raises and lowers as you sew. This makes it so easy to move your fabric. I use gripper gloves to move the fabric. Most of the time I used a stippling pattern. 

It goes in the mail tomorrow.


To the give the little brother some recognition . . .here he is playing the part of a 100 year old man on the 100th day of school.




We got the new table the blacksmith made all set up with machines. I love it in the living room. Originally it was going in a spare bedroom. However, it's just too pretty to put out of sight.



It pretty easy to entertain old folks like us. These are our friends Terry and Debby after we had shopped til we almost dropped at the Amazon return store. We enjoyed craft beers and margaritas before our dinner at Bee's Knee's Brewery in Versailles, Missouri.  For the record Debby had a blueberry infused margarita, and I had a raspberry infused margarita. The blacksmith's favorite beer was Coffee Stout.

You never know what you will find at the Amazon store. This was on $2 day, everything was $2.



My new Totes rain jacket, so lightweight! $2



Almost 100 tea lights, after all we have a big celebration coming up in May. These will add to the table decorations. $2



Our Florida boys love sharks, We couldn't resist these. $2



This was so funny!  It's to drain your silverware, the water comes out the elephant's trunk. $2



I've always wanted a pie weight. $2



A super hero costume. $2






Hundreds of gold balloons. Did I tell you it was $2 day? Did  I mention a special celebration coming up in May? A golden celebration.




Back home the next day, the blacksmith made a new colonial candle holder. It was a practice run for an up coming class he is teaching in May at the state blacksmith conference. 




I got this in the mail yesterday, it's our Florida family!

God is good, tomorrow I have a lot to celebrate!  A birthday and a year since my cancer surgery.

2 comments:

Lori @ Back Porch Ramblings said...

The quilt is adorable as well as the little guys! And the machines and table! Definitely too pretty to sit in a back room. But...where is the amazon return store? That would be a fun trip!

Lise said...

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on your health! And brava on the reversible quilt!