Friday, April 17, 2020

COVID-19 Day 20 - Day 26

DAY 20
Wednesday 4/1/2020
Cole county has 25 cases.
I made 12 masks today, 4 for Sarah, 2 for Bill & Pam in Florida, 2 for Rita Monat in Texas, and 2 for Binky Sanders.
Breakfast was bacon, eggs, and toast. 
Dinner was French onion soup, deer sausage, cheese and crackers, also homemade chocolate chip cookies. Note to self, self don’t buy frozen French onion soup again!


Connor and Logan’s masks.



These are  Pam and Bill's masks. On a side note, these masks became wide travelers. From Missouri they went to New York into international mail. I then contacted my buddy at our post office, who turned it over to our postmaster. The package started moving and went to Queens New York. The 2 day priority box took 10 days to make it to Florida.


Sarah and Rusty’s masks.


DAY 21
Thursday 4/2/2020
Cole county now  has 25 cases.
Nationwide  there 243,729 cases.
Florida has over 9000 cases.
I had steel cut oats for breakfast, and I fried cured pork shoulder for Bernie.
The garden is coming up! 
Bernie cut grass for the first time this spring.
I gave Bernie his first “home” hair cut. It looks really good from the front. We won’t talk about the back.
I put a border on Judy Braun’s quilt.
First time in 19 days I didn’t have to cook dinner. We got  carry out delivered to the car at Pizza Haus.
Judy’s Quilt. It will be sold at the Osage Bend Picnic in August.

Day 22
Friday 4/3/2020
Headlines: Economic fallout mounts. Worldwide virus cases top 1 Million, unemployment claims hit 10M in US.
Stay at home issue goes into effect Monday. 
Cole county has 26 cases with 1 death, Steve Huber local orthodontist. 
Missouri has 2,113 cases.
Nationwide there are 277,953 and Florida has 10,260.
Garden is peeking through a little more..
I made a loaf of panhaus, fixed pbj toast for me and cured shoulder for breakfast. Dinner was fried breaded tenderloin, salad, and macaroni with tomatoes. Rice crispy treats for dessert.
It was 61 degrees when we got up, 38 at bedtime.

Day 23
Saturday April 4, 2020
Headlines: Governor Parson:Stay at home, Missouri 
Nationwide there are 311,357 cases.
Missouri has 2291 cases.
Cole county has 28 cases.
I went to my first drive-by birthday party. It was for my quilting buddy Pat Carrender who tuned 81 years young,  about 20 cars participated. 
Dinner was homemade chicken and rice soup.
I cleaned house, did laundry and made 6 more masks. 
41 degrees was our high.

Day 24
Sunday April 5, 2020
Missouri has 2,367 cases.
Cole county has 31 cases.


Our youngest grandson in Florida turned 5. Facetime is our new birthday party.

Happy Birthday Logan.
 



Then we went to see our youngest grand daughter from a distance. She gave us two gifts. Thank you Lizzie.

Later this afternoon our sweetest friend Maggie Schmitz was rushed to the hospital. She was just diagnosed this past Thursday with Ovarian cancer. She passed away. Our condolences to Fred and his children and grandchildren.

Melissa Tappel works at Aldi’s. For the 2 masks I made her, she did my grocery shopping. We met in Schulte’s parking lot. I then delivered one mask to Stacy Bax at the church parking lot. Think I’ve made 27 masks to date.


This mask was just a challenge I wanted to try. It was fun, but nothing I want to do again!

Breakfast was panhaus with scrambled eggs. For dinner I made  meatloaf, buttered potatoes and fried cabbage.


Day 25 April 6, 2020
Headlines: Report: Missouri can cushion COVID-19’s impact on economy.
Nationwide there are  365,525 cases.
Missouri is up to  2,722.
Cole county stands at 31.
Breakfast was bacon and eggs, along with cheese grits. For dinner we grilled pork chops, salad and home canned green beans.
I made 2 more masks today.


Mark’s Mobile glass replaced our shower doors today.

Day 26, Tuesday April 7, 2020
Nationwide there are  399,667 cases.
Missouri stands at 3,037.
Florida there are 14,747 cases. 

We went to town to pick up our on line order at Sam’s. We did stop by the feed store.
Made breakfast of panhaus and fresh oranges.
Loaded the ATV, and went to the farm. Found one small mushroom.
Back home about 4, we snacked on deer sausage, cheese, crackers and apples.



Went to Jeremy’s to see the progress in his backyard work.
Made chef salads with smoked turkey for dinner.






No comments: