Sunday, August 7, 2022

My Halloween quilt

 



Warning picture overload!

Last fall I discovered colored pencils for embroidery work. Crabtree Hill studios.



 

For some reason Halloween prints appealed to me. I made one, two, three, and they just keep coming.

So, I decided to make them into a quilt.


I had just purchased this vintage bolt of polished cotton, 36 inches wide, and original price was .39 cents a yard. I paid $10 for the bolt.

This sheen made it perfect for a Halloween quilt.

I am a hand quilter at heart; however I was just a little leery of the old fabric. I thought machine quilting would be a better option. Especially since I had a lot of big spaces! 

My friend Becky, whom I met 13 years ago, does absolutely amazing work. Here’s when I first met her

So, in the mail it went to Liberty, Missouri!

In less than 10 days I had it back! Her quilting is unbelievable

She told me there’s 22 hours of machine stitching in this!

So just for your viewing pleasure, I will stop talking and let you examine her magic in every block.























 













 






P. S. Betsy, our mutual friend who introduced us, saw Becky's Facebook post of the quilt, and wanted to know if it was for sale. Girls that think alike! 

No comments: