Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A day of group efforts, including one numbers LVI




Here is the quilt I have been working on all week. Mom embroidered the horse blocks for Lona. Lona bought the fabric, I set it together and machine quilted it. The red fabric in the small blocks is really cute, in case you can't see it up close, it's Cowboy hats. The quilt measures 44 by 70. This was the first group effort of the day.
The second group effort happened many, many years ago. In fact LVI to be exact. (Remember your roman numerals?). In all started in the summer of 1951 when my parents (Thank you Mom and Dad) were playing hanky panky in the bedroom. Nine months later on this date I was born. Happy Birthday me!
This morning at work I was pleasantly surprised with a bouquet of fresh flowers from Sarah and Rusty. (Thanks guys!)What a great surprise and so refreshing for a windy, snowy, and cold Missouri morning. I will take a picture tonight and post it later.
As for the rest of my day, I will hang out here at work till 4:30 then go home and await my carriage for a dinner date in town.


No comments: