Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Don't cry over spilled milk!


After sleeping just a few minutes longer this morning, I went downstairs to make myself some breakfast before the usual cup of Mocha Cappuccino. I reached into the refrigerator grabbed an egg, the butter, the Apricot jam and that's when it happened. The jam jar slipped from my fingers, hit the Fiesta bowl on the bottom shelf and fell to the floor, and busted, shards of glass were everywhere. It was way to early for this kind of mess.

Thank goodness, I had another jar in the pantry. Not the same great brand, but neverless something sugary sweet for an eye opener that was long over due.




With breakfast over and caffaine in hand,
I spent a few minutes on the computer before heading upstairs to sew a little. There is an antique quilt called Dear Jane. I am making what might be called a Dear Patti version. I am making my own 200 plus blocks my way. Here is a sample of today's sewing. Now don't expect this to be done anytime soon. I work on it for awhile and then put it away for a newer project.


I took several breaks to let Bentley enjoy some free time outside in the below 20 degree temperatures. It didn't take long before he was ready to take shelter, rather inside his dog house in the kennel, or in his crate in the basement.

The afternoon was spent sewing, housework and making dinner. Afterwards we decided to keep Bentley in the basement tonight. The wind chills are to be around 0 to 5 degrees. We watched American Idol and then it will be bedtime after the news.

9:34 PM 15 degrees

1 comment:

Judi said...

Good luck on your Dear Jane - the blocks are looking really good, and how fun that you are putting your own blocks in - I love it! Good luck! Oh - and thanks for coming over to my blog!