Monday, February 9, 2009

Sinfully delicious


Sorry I didn't take a picture of the whole pie. But as you can see, it's almost all gone. (Shortly after the picture we did eat it all). Why is it sinful? The crust was made with good old fashioned lard. That's right, pig's fat. Nothing better for pie crust.

A fellow blogger at We Love it, Don't we? showed pies she made. Oh to have some of her black raspberries! Wonder if I could trade her Missouri black Walnuts for raspberries?

I spent most of the weekend sewing. I almost have 2 baby quilts finished. Pictures should be coming tomorrow.

Saturday night we went out for my birthday dinner. We tried to go to Aris' Pizza but the line was out the door. So my jeep knew the way to LaBamba and away it went. there I celebrated with my usual frozen Margarita!

Sunday we had company for noon lunch. I made pot roast, dressed green beans with diced tomatoes, which include the holy trinity. Of course the peach pie was the dessert!

Wow did the weekend fly by~~~~

4 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Girl my doctor would be rollin' his eyes at you using that lard! But I bet it was delish! blessings, marlene

Tipper said...

Well this post made me feel like I'm -absolutely starving to death!! Glad you had a good weekend!

Carolina said...

Yum, lard. My grandma made the best pie crust in the world and her secret was lard. Sorry I missed your birthday. I know it was great. Did you get to watch the blacksmith show yet??

Sara said...

Pie crust from real lard: That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Ya, Baby!

That's how we make biscuits, too!

Black Walnuts? Yes, please! (Though we gather them here, too. But Mark left our last batch up on the barn roof too long and they rotted. whoops.)