Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009


I got candy! The best part is it's dark chocolate! It's been our tradition for the past 38 years to exchange sweets. He gets his favorite of Maple Nut Goodies and always Burnt Sugar Peanuts. However this year it is different. Why? The Burnt Sugar Peanuts were recalled! So I found Boston Baked Beans. Now tell me just why these weren't recalled? Don't they have peanuts inside too? Maybe it's just because the word peanut is not in the title.

We are enjoying our day. Had a great breakfast of panhaas. Yes I know more pig fat.

BT was in the blacksmith shop by 9:00 AM. He had a customer show up just 10 minutes later, from Washington Mo. That is about an hour and a half away. He came just to have 3 plowshares sharpened. Guess good blacksmiths are few and far between.

I am sewing on my Pay it Forward give away. I've sewn for two days on the two sign ups! I'm excited to mail them.

What are you doing for Valentine's day?

Hope it's something great!

4 comments:

BarbCarol said...

What! No sneak pic photos of your Pay It Forward gifts!

I'm spending Valentines Day weekend with my son and family in Denver. Poor husband is working in Colorado Springs and has developed a head cold which I will probably get. Of course, that would give me an excuse to stay in the hotel our last few days and do nothing but quilt. Ummm, not worth it!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've had a great weekend of sewing. My husband was gone all day yesterday to spend the day with our son so I was in the sewing room from early till late. And after church today..back in there working on Winter Wonderland. This one is going to take a while! blessings, marlene

Sara said...

Now I have to go google 'panhaas'...

Sarah and Jack said...

Thats funny, Washington is about 1.5 hours from me too.

A good blacksmith *is* hard to find. When i was looking for one to repair my bed in Florida it took forever to find someone.