Sunday, August 7, 2011

That's no bull!

What a majestic old barn. This timber frame structure has been in the blacksmith's family since he was 5 years old. Whether you view it in black and white....


 or color, it's still beautiful.


It now belongs to my BIL, Pat. Wouldn't a barn quilt look awesome on it?  I've been after him to let me put one up , but he keeps saying he's going to paint the barn. Three years later the barn isn't painted and the quilt isn't up.


I had the chance to photograph it last night when we were there.  You know some times you are asked to feed the neighbor's dog, or watch their cat, or even feed Johnny's gold fish. Well we had to feed this . . .

and that's bull!!!!!

8 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Well, heck YEAH it needs a Barn Quilt!! Mighty fine barn, and bull. -Tammy

Unknown said...

It's pretty obvious to me. It's crying for a barn quilt and that's no bull! : )

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Oh, I definitely see a barn quilt. or a big ole american flag.

camp and cottage living said...

I love to see barn quilts on painted barns, but if it were me I wouldn't touch it. I love it just the way it is-so full of age and character!

twodraftmom said...

I've been wanting to put one on my barn too, even though it's not as old. I've seen them painted on wood, then hung on the barn.

BarbCarol said...

Great pics. I have a registered Irish Dexter bull for sale (last of my herd)-- tell your cattle friends. Keep your fingers crossed for me, Patty. Moved granddaughter into apartment at university this weekend. I get to restart my life and my blog --- I hope.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Patti, I love the older barns like that one. It reminds me a lot of the one that used to be on my dad's farm. They have so much charm, I hate to see them torn down and replaced by the metal ones.

Deanna said...

I'll bet you didn't say "here, bully, bully..."

I love old barns and that one is a beauty. It is definitely screaming barn quilt!