Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Honor Flight


68 Honor flight Veterans left Columbia Missouri late Monday night. They were bused to St Louis where they boarded an airplane and were flown to Washington DC. There they had a whirl-wind tour of all the war monuments.

Julie, one of my co-worker's Dad, George was one of those 68 men and women on the trip. George served in the Navy during the Korean war.

I wanted to surprise him and say "Thank you" for serving our country.

This is the lap quilt I made for him.

I even put a label on it for him

THANK YOU to all the men and women who have served out country!


7 comments:

Deanna said...

What a special present for a special man. A man Jim worked with (Ralph Gordon) and his twin brother took the honor flight last year. Ralph passed away not long after. Jim was there when their plane touched back down in Columbia and said it was very emotional!

Thanks for all of our men and women who keep us free!

Dora, the Quilter said...

What a great thank you!
I love that these veterans get to go on these adventures--I'm sure there is a lot of sharing of their stories.

Betty said...

A very nice thoughtful gift for a deserving vet. I am sure it was appreciated. BTW, it was nice seeing you at the quilt shop today. Your granddaughter is a cutie.

jerilanders said...

What a thoughtful and generous gift from you, to someone who really deserves it! It will be a cozy comfort this winter.

Dar said...

What a nice gift for a deserving man. Today we had a combat soldier in our QOV meeting that had received 2 purple hearts plus other medals and we presented him with a beautiful quilt. He teared up and was overwhelmed by the gift. I'll have pictures on my blog tomorrow.

Diana LaMarre said...

What a wonderful gift to one of our heros. You are such a thoughtful person, Miss Patti.

Flat Creek Farm said...

So, I was looking on your fb page for that video (still didn't find, but I could be blind).. And I found this blog post I missed somehow. This is wonderful!! Bless your heart!! I really wish we could get G-Pa to go on the Honor Flight. Perfectly healthy to go (he could help push wheelchairs of some of the others), but he won't go :( I love this quilt and the sentiments ♥Tammy