Sunday, December 2, 2012

My auction treasure

Today we went to a mid-morning auction. We looked around and really saw only one thing we I wanted. Of course in was all the way in the back from where they were going to start. The auctioneer said it would be at least 2:30 when they would get to the area with our item in it.

We left. At home we did a joint effort in making breakfast and pot #2 of coffee. After we ate, the blacksmith went outside to cut up some downed trees. I cut out an apron. 

It was a way too warm day in Mid-Missouri for December. A couple of hours later and we were enjoying coffee on the deck. The blacksmith was cooling off and resting after his wood cutting. Not something you want to be doing in 70+ temperatures. 

At 1:30 we headed back to the auction. We really should have believed him and arrived closer to 2:30. 

Shortly after 2:30 the item I was interested in came up for auction. The auctioneer took the first lady's bid at $15. I am waving my hand and he doesn't see me. I almost have a heart attack before someone tells him about me. Then a bidding war took over, $10 at a time. I finally won.



This Singer model 99, manufactured in February 1931 is now mine!  Would you believe it's a hand crank model????  My friend Phil will refurbish it for me. I can hardly wait to get my granddaughter to try it out with me. 

10 comments:

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

What a beauty! Both the day and the sewing machine. :)

EllensCreativePassage said...

So cool, looks like it is in great shape too!
Have fun with it!

GerryART said...

GORGEOUS ! ! !

I,m talking about you lovely 99, Patti

Hugs

Anonymous said...

And the final bid......?????? That is one gorgeous baby!!!!

Diana LaMarre said...

She's a beauty. I think she found a loving home.

Marge said...

Whohoo! Score! You find the best deals. Good for you!

Janna and Mike said...

What a find for you!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

ooh, what a treasure!!

Lise said...

Such a treasure, and it will create opportunities for many fond memories!

Happy birthday to your daughter (hard as the youngest gets older, isn't it?) But also, happy birthing day to you mom:) I always figure the mom ought to be acknowledged on a birthday too!

jerilanders said...

Patti, OH! WHAT A FIND! I learned to sew on one very similar to this, It was so tiny, it seems like a toy now. My mom still has it. How lucky you are! I love the wooden casing. You will surely use it??!