Saturday, May 9, 2020

COVID Day 34-Day 40

Day 34
April 15, 2020 Tax day!
Nationwide there are 641,919 cases. Missouri is reporting 4,895 cases, and our county has 38 cases.

It was a pretty quiet day. We slept late, so that made breakfast happen about lunch time. We made an omelet with ham, onions, and fresh asparagus from the garden. Of course our toast had Redbud jelly. 
Dinner was salad and ham sandwiches.



Bernie started forging the pickets for our inside stair rail.
I dropped off a bag of licorice with a note to the kids that we missed and love them.

Day 35
Nationwide there are 667,228 cases. Missouri has 5,111 cases. Cole county reports 41 cases.
Corn cakes and bacon for breakfast. Dinner was deer fajitas.
I went to Walmart, parked in designated space, called pharmacy and they brought my prescriptions out. 


Day 36
Friday April 17, 2020
Today’s statistics are, Nationwide 706,880, Missouri 5,283, Cole county 42 Cases.

A little rain during the night made the garden look so good!

I made ham hash for breakfast and I sliced an orange and sugared a few strawberries. Dinner was delicious beef pot roast with potatoes, carrots and an onion. I served that with steamed broccoli and fried apples. Dessert was lemon mousse. Yep, I outdid myself!


Bernie worked in the shop. He made a daffodil for a customer. It’s their anniversary, #6 is represented by iron. So an iron flower it is.

 I worked on a red, white, and blue quilt again. 

Day 37
Saturday April 18, 2020

Cole county stands at 43 Cases.
Great weather 65 degrees 


I did one load of laundry, dusted,  and sewed a little. We then took the can-am to Jeremy’s. After that we came home and trimmed and cut trees. 

I started a sour dough starter.

Bernie grilled deer candy and Hebrew national hot dogs. I made chef salads.
We watched a grand ole Opry via a live feed on Facebook.



Day 38
April 19, 2020
Nationwide 752,960 cases.Missouri shows 5,667 cases. Florida has 260,306 Cases.
Cole county shows 45 Cases.

We listened to Mass from our church at 10:30. Whitney, our neighbor who is teaching school in Spain, was listening to the same mass. How cool was that!


I made sour dough cherry rolls. OMG they were delicious. Jeremy and Alex came over, so I sent warm rolls with them.

We dug up Zoysia grass and took it over for Jeremy’s new front yard. We visited with neighbors from their yards, Carol, Fred and Diane, and the Greens who were fishing at the lake.
I burnt and  raked  leaves. I also trimmed trees, the cedar trees are never ending. I got my elephant ears planted.

I made Danish twist tonight. Jennifer, a blogger did some lettering on a board for me. She bartered a loaf of bread! 

Day 39
Monday
April 20, 2020
Today’s cases are, Nationwide 780,330, Missouri 5807, Cole 45.



I delivered the Danish twist, the barter part of my deal for a picture board Jennifer Boyd personalized for me. It was a win, win situation!

I put on my mask, (without lipstick) and walked into the hospital, where inside the door my temperature was taken. After I passed that test and a multitude of questions, I was given a sticker and directed to the mammogram department. My test was clean! I’m free for another 6 months.

Day 40
Tuesday 
April 21, 2020




Busy day, Bernie went turkey hunting at 5 AM. He was back at 8 AM with a  22 pound turkey with 4 beards. After cleaning the turkey, he went to town and picked up over $900 of steel. I stayed home and cooked link sausage for breakfast. 




Bernie then went to Jeremy’s for a couple hours. I cleaned out the big bathroom cabinets, vacuumed upstairs and down, washed a load of rugs and a load of car wash towels. 

Dinner was spaghetti, salads, French bread.
After dinner I baked chocolate chip cookies.

No comments: