Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Quilt is Revealed!




I have patiently waited for the day to show you the quilt I had been working on for about 6 months. It's a Black and White Quilt for my son Jeremy and his wife Lori. It was their Christmas gift this year. It is King Size, has their name in it along with the year of 2007 and was machine quilted by Brenda Rathmann.


I didn't keep a count on the pieces of fabric but there are plenty. I used the paper piecing technique for the blocks along with a computer program I have where I can enlarge or decrease the block size. After starting with 8 inch blocks I quickly learned I would be making blocks far too long, so I went to 12 inch blocks, by the time I quit I had gone all the way to 24 inch blocks. For you non quilters, a king size quilt measures almost 120 inches square.

3 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Beautiful!
They must have been very happy with your gift. I love how you put their names and the year in the quilt.

It's sure to be a family heirloom

Do you mind if I ask which program you used to make the blocks bigger/smaller? It it a Carol Doak book with a CD?

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Yes, I have a 3 pk of Carol's CDs (Foundation Factory)and her book 300 pieced quilt blocks. They are priceless to me! thanks for your great compliments!

Diana LaMarre said...

Those compliments were well deserved! It's a beauty.

I love the Carol Doak books I have. Those CD's are the best quilting invention since the needle was discovered!