The other day I eyed upholstery fabric on the mark down rack at Hobby Lobby. I passed it by the first week and the second week. But yesterday I gave in when the 54 inch fabric was marked down to $2.00 a yard. Without a measurement I just guessed at how much to buy.
Needless to say with the width of it, I probably have enough for two more covers. This is the beautiful spring like fabric I choose.
Tonight I turned the ironing board up side down on the fabric. I cut about 2 inches all the way around the board. I then got in my scrap drawer of bias tape. It took a couple pieces to make one long enough. After sewing the casing on, I went to the sausage making supplies and found cotton twine. It almost took me longer to thread the twine in then it did to sew it on.
After stretching it on tight, I have this beautiful, bright, new shiny cover!
Let the ironing begin!