Saturday, November 8, 2008

Banana bread makers


The grandsons stayed all night with Gma and Gpa last night. After their favorite breakfast of pancakes we made Banana Bread.
See they are still in their pajamas. I used a family recipe handed down from my Mother-in-law. I'm not sure but I bet it came from her mother. Which would be the little boys great-great grandmother!
It's tried and true. Here it is in print for you to try.
Grandma's T Banana Bread
( At least that is what my kids always called it)
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. bananas, were never measure, we always use 3 bananas (well ripened)
1 egg
2 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
3 T. milk
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, bananas and milk. Mix in the dry ingredients. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake 350 for 60 minutes.

1 comment:

Tipper said...

What 2 cutie pies!! The bread sounds good with a glass of milk!