Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

Snow is what we woke up to this Sunday morning. I have been wanting snow, just not the day the kids have to drive back to Oklahoma City.

They made it in Thanksgiving day about mid-afternoon. The turkey was in the oven. The house smelled so good. The dressing was made (once again too much) the yeast rolls were rising, and the green bean casserole and the sweet potatoes were ready to go in the oven. Great timing.



At dinner, no one took pictures. I only wish someone had, Brady wanted the turkey leg when Grandpa was carving the turkey. The whole leg he said. At serving time it was placed on his plate. He ate it like a chicken leg and finished most of it. It was from a 17 lb turkey, so it wasn't some little ole drumstick.


After dinner the little boys got to play with the Wii steering wheels that Aunt Sarah bought along. Alex said "we are having fun tonight!" We had a day to be thankful for, all the family was home. We really enjoyed the evening.




Saturday after a big breakfast we loaded up our four wheeler and stopped to borrow the son's 4 wheeler. We then went to the cabin/farm and the four of us went 4 wheeling.







While riding through the woods we came upon this deer stand.... well ground stand. BT tells me it is where little 7 year old Brady shot his deer. We saw a flock of turkeys in the woods later.







After our ride we came back to the cabin and warmed up by the fire. Sarah and Rusty made us some improvised targets using crayons.






Rusty takes aim with a Smith & Wesson, model 66. We all took turns and later fired a 22 rifle. That is my favorite. But I must admit, I wasn't a good shot. I'm going to blame it on the cold.











When we arrived back home about 3:00, I put a ham in the oven to bake. I then went and picked up my Mom to come over for dinner. Sarah made an Oreo cheesecake, while I made a broccoli casserole.


Saturday, Sarah and Rusty watched their football games respectively. Unfortunately MU lost by 3 points. Rusty's Florida Gators won. While Rusty's game was on Sarah took her two favorite nephews (did I tell you she only has two nephews) to the movies. She bought them popcorn and drinks. Alex calls it poptorn.


BT and I worked outside and burned off the back woods. Several times we had pellets of ice and/or rain falling on us.


8:38PM 34 degrees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a super fun weekend!! So glad your Thanksgiving was wonderful. And wow you can shoot!! I'm too scared-but the girls enjoy shooting with their Daddy. We went to Deer Camp for the week-but neither girl got a deer. Maybe next time. We're having snow this morning-not much so far-but enough for a 2 hour delay at school.

Mel said...

I love 4-wheeling! My mother-in-law has a few that we take out in the mountains!

Liberating!!