Sunday, June 6, 2010

Missouri River Quilt Fest 2010

Saturday, I went to the quilt show in Jefferson City.
The doors showed you the way.


This was one of my favorite quilts.
I would never think of using purple and green together.
But now that I've seen it, I will rethink that one.
It was stunning!!!!
I only wish I would have taken down the name of it and who made it.
I was just mesmerized by it.


Beautiful dogs and birds.
The title is Summer's end.
I think I would change the name if I had this quilt.




This Dear Janet quilt intrigued me completely.

It's a take off of the Dear Jane quilt.
Would you believe I have been working on a Dear Patti quilt for some time now.
I am using 4 inch paper piece blocks.
Had I seen this 3 inch paper piece blocks, maybe I would have tried that.


3-D Fall stars, you had to see it in person to appreciate it.
The squares in the middle of the stars were folded and somehow sewn to stand out.
The shadowing was unbelievable!



Love the laundry bag!



I could recreate this picture easily with my childhood ironing board and iron that I have.



The inside entrance was the first eye candy. Only 300+ quilts to go.



Finally, I remembered to take my scissors and my pinking shears.
The are now better than brand new!


Debbie and Patty from Saltbox Primitive Woolens are busy stitching.
As I passed by in my hankie blouse,
Debbie said something about "Katie would like my blouse".
I said "excuse me Katie has already seen it".
They were surprised that I knew who they were talking about.
Katie at Primitive Woolens and I are blogger friends.




It was so much fun shopping in the vendor's booths.
I so wanted to take a Janome embroidery machine #530 home with me.
Does anyone have one?
Any suggestions?







And so I took many, many pictures of the beautiful quilts.
I also looked for Raymond from Nacho Grandma's quilts, but I was a little too early.
I heard he showed up a little later.
Maybe next time we can meet in person!






I will leave you with a slide show of the quilts.

Enjoy!!!!!









12 comments:

Janet said...

What beautiful quilts! Quilt shows either leave me inspired or feeling very over-whelmed!

I've been thinking about an embroidery machine also but haven't looked at the Janomes. But my daughter has a little Janome for sewing which she loves.

Bernie said...

Oh my these quilts are breathtaking, I loved the slideshow and so enjoyed looking at so many beautiful patterns.
......:-) Hugs

Diana LaMarre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi said...

Oh my goodness! That first quilt is amazing! It just hurts my brain thinking about how that was put together. It's beautiful.

I have plans to get started on a little quilt for BB's new toddler bed. I'm going to have to make that hike into JoAnn's and get some cute fabric. :)

Deanna said...

I so wanted to go to that quilt show! But the weekend was overly full :(

My original embroidery machine was a Bernina. Am talking about trading it in with Timothy at Top Stitch.


Love the pictures

Becky said...

I didn't know Jeff city had a quilt show. That one looked like a lot of fun. Too bad I am not in Jeff anymore. Just another thing I miss, I guess. Didn't realize it would be this hard to be gone. :(

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a lovely quilt show!! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us!

Tipper said...

What a neat show-I think my fav was the Dear Jane quilt-amazing!

Sara said...

Great pics and that is so cool what a small bloggie world it is.

Such beautiful quilts! Way out of my league :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Chancy is giving away a free quilt pattern at CREATED BY CHANCY. In case you are interested in it. B.

Missouri Gal said...

I just now saw this! I was looking for a quilt show in St Louis. I swear I saw one posted on line for Dec but I'm having no luck. June 2011 I'll be in SE MO for a Conservation Women's getaway. Looks like I'll miss it again.