Friday, June 11, 2010

A surprise at the ball game!!

The blacksmith and I are on parenting duties this weekend. That included taking 8 yr. old Brady to his ballgame.

The night air was hot and humid. So humid in fact I put my hair up in a ponytail. Never thinking I would meet a blogger friend in person for the first time.

I climbed up on the bleachers and sat down. Soon the blacksmith joined me and just as I was asking him if that was Jim sitting across from us, Jim waves.

We met Jim last year at his part time night job. Okay, it can be a day job too. Anyway, during that conversation one thing lead to another and some how his wife Deanna (My loves, my life) and I met on the blogosphere a few days later.

After Jim came over to visit with us, Deanna asked her daughter, "now who is Dad talking to?" He then motions for her to come over. As she walks over, she recognizes me. The rest is history.

So here are two blogger girls with hair styles to support the humidity.

We had a great time talking during, between, and after ballgames. We are going to make a date to get together. Deanna agreed to show me how to use my borrowed serger. The blacksmith and Jim will check out the shop and maybe even get in a little fishing.

Anyway, back to the game . . .
Here is Brady running to first base.

Here Brady plays catcher for one inning.


After the game we came home for some watermelon. Our first one this season. Little E. enjoyed it. Sorry the picture is blurry, but I just had to show you the juice drip on her chin. Precious!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What great fun meeting another blogger. I read her blog also.
Great fun baseball and watermelon, can't get much better than that.

p.s. I found the blouse pattern at Wal Mart. Now just to get around to making one.

Rural Rambler said...

What a sweet fun surprise! It really is a small world in blogland. Hope your team won! Your Little E. looks precious even without the watermelon drip!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so here is what I think we should do....we should coordinate a lunch with all the bloggers that are within a decent driving distance and ALL meet!?!?!? Wouldn't that be fun?!?!?!?! What do you think? If you are for it, I'll blog about it and so can you and that will be the "invitation!"

Deanna said...

It was so much fun meeting you guys last night. Jim takes off to talk to people all the time, so I didn't think much about it when he headed your way. Then when he motioned to me, I knew immediately who you were! We have so much in common.

my email is deanna@ktis.net

I'll grab the picture off your post.

I like Betsy's idea.

Sara said...

How neat!

And thank goodness for grandparents during ball game season :)