Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's finished!

I finally finished a repair job for my neighbor. She had given me a much loved quilt to repair. It seems her husband's grandmother had made it for him close to 40 years ago.

It's always good to see a much loved quilt used and not just a wall hanger. Quite a few blocks had some well worn signs of good use. I dug in my vintage box and found several pieces of fabric. This included two pieces from my great grandfather's general store in Stanton, Missouri. Remember when fabric was only 36 inches wide?

I carefully untied the tacking thread, and removed it. I replaced the worn blocks and then re-tacked it using the same thread.


It looks as good as new. So Connie (she reads my blog) you can come and pick it up. Call me at BR-549.

3 comments:

Barb said...

What a fantastic job you did....

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Gorgeous!! I love quilts, wish I had the patience to make my own!

Diana LaMarre said...

I can't even tell which squares you replaced. Nice job!