Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My New Years resolutions . . . NOT

I don't make resolutions.
I can't keep resolutions.
I'm not good with will power.
I'm not good at keeping secrets.
But I do know what I'd like to accomplish.

I started my version of a Dear Jane quilt a couple of years ago.
I'd like to finish it this year.

I started this cute paper piece project of the season last year.
Both of these projects I'd like to finish in 2011.
But you know If I don't there will always be another year.
This week I've been marking a quilt top.
Tonight I finally got it in the frame.
All it took was a little help from my mother in law,
via the web cam
on exactly how to put it in the frame.
So for the time being the Dear Jane quilt
and
the season quilt blocks are just gonna have to wait.
I've got a lot of hand quilting to do.

If any of you quilters want to join me . . . come on over.
I've already had an offer from My Loves, my life.
I will supply thread, needle, and coffee with dessert!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I lived close by I sure would help just for the experience and the company of course and the treats lol Im not good with resolutions either I hope you get the two projects done this year like you wish to have :o)

Val said...

Oh wouldn't that be so much fun!!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I love quilts, and envy quilters who have the talent to make one! This looks like it will be beautiful.

Barb said...

Love your projects!!! No resolutions for me either....

Diana LaMarre said...

Hey, long lost Sis,
I have a frame that looks very similar to yours! I have never seen anyone else use a frame like that. I am really thinking that we have some of the same genes!!

My father-in-law made mine. I really don't use it anymore because I find it easier to handquilt in my lap with a round hoop.

I wish we lived near each other -- we could have an old fashioned quilting bee!

I don't make resolutions either. I don't even waste any brain cells thinking about them. :)

Deanna said...

Can't wait to tackle that quilt. Don't get too ambitious and get it done before Rita and I get there!

Tipper said...

I hope you get all 3 accomplished : ) And Much more too-like maybe a trip to Brasstown!

Flat Creek Farm said...

I'm certain you will accomplish all! I'd love to come over and help -- if my blacksmith didn't have such a non-flexible job, we'd be there in a heartbeat and spend a day at least once a month. You would be sick of us! :D First, you'd have to teach me what to do. My experience is very limited! I love it that your MIL helped via webcam. Happy quilting!! -Tammy