Sunday, December 11, 2011

The 3rd annual Sisterhood Christmas party

The Sisterhood party is always so much fun. Today's theme was 'get comfortable in pjs and sweatshirts'.


The tables were all set.

The young nieces were ready to go. 


Our hostesses Janie and Grace started uncovering all the food. There were meat and cheese trays, veggie trays, stuffed mushrooms (thank you Mandy), chicken spaghetti casserole (thank you Marla), sausage pinwheels (thank you Leah), warm blackberry pie (thank you Darlene), little smokies (thank you Karen), chocolate peanut butter bars (thank you Lori), a few pitchers of screwdrivers, and I brought a marinated cheese tray and raspberry lettuce salad.


Lot of conversations were going on at a time.


Lizzie awaits her screw driver. No wait, she had plain orange juice!


Lizzie and I played bingo.


While bingo was going on upstairs . . .


 . . . the guys were playing cards in the basement.

Everyone was letting Lizzie try on their hats.



We played a games of charades. One team would do the charade and the other team had to sing a song.

It was a great day of being a kid again, with adult food and drinks.  Thank you to all my sister-in-laws and family for bringing out the kid in all of us!

11 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

It looks like a fun time was had by all. It reminded me of our Christmas Eve family get together. My mouth fell open when you mentioned that people came in their jammies. I had thought to do the same thing when I was making the party plans! I did not take action on that plan though, so we will all be uncomfortable in our street clothes :).

Tami Kiso said...

what great memories you are creating!! Thanks for sharing.

Marge said...

I love your family parties! No one in our family has a place big enough for everyone to get together at once...something I would love to do. And the pj's and sweats is the best idea ever!

Christmas blessings to you..........

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a wonderful time - it's all about family really, at this time of year! blessings, marlene

jerilanders said...

You sure do have a lotta fun, girl! I wish I lived closer so's I could join in.. CHARADES! it has been ages since I played that game.

Jackie said...

Looks like so much fun!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Looks like great fun! And the food!! Yum.

tipper said...

What a wonderful idea! Maybe someday I can do it with my girls and my neice!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Too much fun!! Love it. Lizzie's hats are perfect. Where have I been? I didn't know there were such things.. but they are way cute and I neeeeds me one! Thanks for sharing - I always enjoy the Sisterhood posts!! -Tammy

Kevin Read said...

Sounds and looks like everyone had a great time. The food sure sounded good. Lizzie is a little sweatheart.

Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

SusanD said...

Looks like so much fun. I have really enjoyed your photos for the challenge. Thanks for playing. Tomorrow is hippopotamus day. It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with. Have a fabulous day. Blessings, SusanD