Friday, September 26, 2008

Bargain shopping!!!


I have never been much of a rummage sale shopper. Guess I always felt obligated to buy something. Give me a farm auction and I can stand there all day, buy nothing and still go home fairly happy. Those sales are watching a piece of history in the making. On the other hand my sister and my Mom love rummage sales. Just like this mirror, my sister found for me at $15. What a bargain!





Now let me tell you about my shopping. Yesterday a local antique store advertised a tag sale. They had items donated from a local family of 92 year old twins. A brother and a sister who never married and had always lived in the family home place. So I went to check it out. I loved looking through the items but found nothing I really wanted. I then wandered through the store which was having a 20 % off sale. There I found the Rowe crock (in the middle) for $8 minus 20% off.







In the same vendors booth I found 2 Miller ice glasses 2 for $8 again minus 20% off.





But look at this! It's the most awesome Peacock. The whole body is like prairie points folded and half and sewn on. That is not rick rack you see, it's satin stitch embroidery work. Somebody put a lot of hours into this. AND it also was 20% off. (Click on the picture to enlarge it and see the great detail!)










I stopped at Salvation Army looking for a jean jacket. There I got BT a camo jacket. It was market $5, but at the cash register everything was marked half price! No jean jacket there.
So onto Goodwill. I found this Tommy Hilfiger for only $10. They go fo
r more then that on EBay plus postage. I want to have BT's Blacksmith shop logo embroidered on it.









Locally they were having rummage sales. Friday when I picked up the youngest grandson, we ran to two sales. There I found this metal wardrobe for $4. I called BT to see if he wanted it for his hunting cabin. No but he wanted it for his shop.




So it's been a fun two days bargain shopping.

No comments: