Monday, December 10, 2007

Dec 7, 2007 Heading to Oklahoma

The day started cloudy, BT headed to work as I packed up and put a batch of Pumpkin muffins in the oven. He would come home about noon, we'd grab a bite of lunch and head towards Sarah's.

At 12:30 he hit highway 54 at Brazito. There it was fog, mist, more gloomy weather and it was down hill from there. At times we were driving in rain. Sarah called us 2 hours later to see where we were. I told her in Springfield. She said, they say there is an incoming storm later in the weekend, she might have to work. I think she was saying, "Are you sure you don't want to turn around and go back home?"

For the 6 and 1/2 hour trip, the rain stuck with us, hitting Tulsa at 5:30 and rush hour traffic with fog was no fun driving. We kept in touch with Sarah via cell phones, arriving at her house just 3 minutes before she did. With a key hidden we were able to make our way in with the luggage just before she arrived. Rusty was in Las Vegas but had been called to come home early for the incoming storm. He would arrive late Saturday night.

Sarah let Josie out for a potty break, we freshen up and then got in her car and went out for food. Our choice for the evening was BJ's Restaurant and Brewery. We were given a pager and told it would be about a 45 minute wait. BT had a stout and Sarah's choice was a berry beer of some sorts. Rusty called as we were reviewing our menu choices. I finished Sarah's beer when BT went and got her and himself a refill.

I had the Halibut Fish Tacos: Panko-crusted, lightly fried halibut, with chipotle mayonnaise, Santa Fe dressing, Napa cabbage, carrots, cilantro and red onions. Wrapped in a special corn/flour tortilla and served with tri-color tortilla chips, avocado cream sauce and fire-roasted salsa. Sarah had trouble choosing between the Jambalaya or the fish filets. The fish won. BT had a medium rare beef steak. His salad came after his meat so the manager came and apologized and refunded his salad cost. We wobbled out, the food and the beers were absolutely wonderful.

It was late when we got home, BT went and laid down in the bedroom saying he was going to take a nap, which would later turn out to be a mistake. Never lay down on a full stomach.

Sarah and I talked another hour or two and made a plan for Saturday. It was lights out.

No comments: