Thursday, October 30, 2008

A quick Halloween idea

I made this in less than 5 minutes.

I bought a package of orange tissue paper at Wally's world for .97 cents.
Cut each sheet in half length wise. You will have enough to make 16 Jack o jars, if using quart fruit jars.
Use black construction paper to cut out the eyes, nose and mouth. Stick on with double stick tape.
Wrap tissue paper around and fold on the bottom of the jar.
Insert a tea light candle (that's what I had on hand, or votive but then you're gonna have to clean the jar.

Light and your done!

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

ask the booth said...

This is a great idea- thanks!

Lori said...

I love this! It could work for Christmas too with red or green tissue and maybe do a cut outin the tissue. Great idea you have here!

Barbara said...

That's my kind of project. Maybe next year!

Tipper said...

Cute!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I love this idea! I'm going to remember this for next year. Oh, oh, oh, what about Christmas - you could wrap red tissue around it for luminaries! You might even figure some way to make a Santa! blessings, marlene