Saturday, October 25, 2008

A quilt top finished


I had a fun two days creating a quilt out of 6 embroidered blocks for my friend Roseann. Her mother had finished the blocks for her.


It's amazing when you keep track, how much fabric goes into a quilt. Even with these large 17 square in inch blocks I bought 6 3/4 yards of fabric. I had enough to cut the binding already. My remaining amount were not enough to make a complete 1/4 yard. In fact the bind is just by inches enough.
She will now give it back to her mother to have it hand quilted! Lucky girl. My next project won't go near as fast. I have to create two wall hangings using some photographs.
Happy sewing!

4 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

What a great job you did setting those blocks. You made it so much more interesting with the star centered in the block and then setting them all on point. I bet her mother will just love what you did!

Tipper said...

Just beautiful-you are so talented!

Mel said...

I LOVE it when that happens! Then you don't have to figure out what to do with the left overs!

Oh, by the by, You've been BOO'ed!

http://melsownplace.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-boo-ed.html

Anonymous said...

I have six blocks from Sam's grandma, want to put it together for me??? I'm serious!