Saturday, April 25, 2009

I won, I won, I won!!!

I have really been lucky lately. I first won from Betsy's at the movies. I received a full service car wash valued at $16, a $25 Visa gift card, and 2 tickets to the movies.


A couple of weeks later I won the 50/50 pot on payday at work. I received $43 in cash.


So I bought a $1 scratch off lottery ticket. I won a free ticket. I turned it in for 2 tickets and won $4.00. With that today I bought 2 more scratch off''s and 2 power ball tickets. I won $2 more dollars. So I won't be on here long. I'm winning the jacket pot tonight! See ya . . . .


WAIT I forgot to tell you what else I won. Linda from Two succulent sisters awarded me with a blog award. It's my first blog award ever!!! Thanks Linda.




It's been a busy week. DIL and I have had a rummage sale. This

is what it looked like the first morning. And pretty much this same way on morning #2. I don't know if it was the beautiful weather, the economy or what, that kept the customers away. I made a whopping $37.25. DIL did very well. She had children's clothes which always sells good.


Another outside shot.











Elizabeth enjoying all the coming and going at the rummage sale.






Finally (before the power ball is drawn) I need to give Marlene at Stitchin by the lake my recipe for Danish twist. Oh and check out her cute grandson too!


Danish Twist
1 cup milk ½ cup sugar
¼ c. melted shortening 1 t. salt
2 pkgs Rapid rise yeast ½ warm water
3 eggs 5 ½ – 6 cups flour
Scald milk, stir in sugar, salt and shortening. Cool to lukewarm. Dissolve yeast in the water. Add lukewarm milk mixture and 2 beaten eggs. Stir 1/2 of flour. Beat until smooth. (I use a wooden spoon) Stir in more flour to make a soft dough. Knead 8 to 10 minutes.
Place on floured surface and cover with a large bowl. Let rise until doubled. About an hour. Punch down, knead into a soft dough. Divide in half.
Roll into 2 logs about 20-24 inches long.
Spray a 13 by 9 cake pan. Take the log, holding half way and twist into a braid. Put into one side of the pan. Repeat with other half.
Spoon strawberry jam into creases and let rise. Brush with beaten egg.
Bake 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. When cool, ice with powdered sugar icing.
9:45 73 degrees.

3 comments:

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Well you have now been tagged also. This is really your lucky day. Go to my blog and follow suit.

BarbCarol said...

Thanks so much for sending the recipe to Marlene. I left my quilting hoop in her RV and now have another excuse to visit her again. We will use your recipe and think of you with every bite.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Wow, you have been busy! Congrats on all of your wins. Continue that roll of wins - buy lotsa tickets at the BAM conference this week :) Mr W is supposed to bring you some lilac starts. He also has something for BT ... he has a few days to actually remember what it was he was bringing BT. Ahhh, those senior moments! -tammy w