Monday, April 20, 2009

Sarah was home!!



So it was Sarah time this past weekend, actually for 3 days. She stayed until after noon on Monday.


Since she missed Easter, I had to bake some Danish twist for her.
Sorry I forgot to take a picture before we ate almost half of it.
Trust me it was good, strawberry jelly, powder sugar icing and
all. (I never get my way to use raspberry jam in it.)




This picture is from Saturday night at LaBamba. No, Alex isn't drinking this Margarita; it's his Daddy's. It's a monster one. Take my word for it, it's big. Just compare it to the sugar shaker near by. It's much taller than it.









Alex and Brady took turns with my camera again. Here they took some great shots of
Sarah with her new niece.





Brady took these, including the one
of Grandma looking quit dizzy.
And this one of his Mom taking his picture. After all is turnabout fair play?





I got up and went to work Monday. Sarah came and met me at 9:30. I took off for a couple of hours and we had a girl's whirlwind shopping trip. Our first stop was Dunn Brothers for her a Vanilla Latte.

On to T J Maxx, where she found 2 blouses and a kitchen whisk. However, we were in search of gray dress pants. Or is it grey? Anyway onto Penney's, only found a belt and a cami there. We tried Maurice's, no luck there or Dillard's.

Across the street to Aspen Ridge Sporting Arms shop. AKA a gun shop. There we priced some pepper spray. He only had one option, it sounded great but we needed to see our options before we decided.

Two doors down to Abiy's International liquors. We picked up several bottles of Missouri wine for her to take back to Oklahoma City.

Some of her favorites were Adam Puchta. She likes their Riefenstahler. It is a good sweet red wine, best when chilled. Summit Lake Winery, Eberbach Red another sweet red. One from Les Bourgeois Winery, Riverboat Red, of course you guessed it, sweet red.

With time to spare we stopped at Kohl's. There she hit the jackpot with a pair of gray pants and a darling spring jacket. While she was shopping my sister who is under the weather, called and asked if I could get her some Gatorade.

Leaving there, we planned our next stop. I would run in the grocery store and she would call Madison's restaurant to order their famous house salads. The house special salad is a blend of romaine and iceberg lettuce, tossed with a red wine vinegar and oil dressing, artichoke hearts, red onions, and fresh parmigiano cheese. We picked up an extra one for my
co-worker.

I drop off the Gatorade and head to work, pulling in at high noon. We had accomplished all this in just 2 and half hours.

Oh how I love shopping with the daughter.
She headed home as I had to put in my time at work. We sure enjoyed her visit at home. I just wish Rusty could have made the trip with her. Maybe next time!
Okay I'm tired after shopping and working all in one day.

10:10 55 degrees.

3 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Must be nice to have a daughter to shop with! Adam Puchta = quite delish wine (don't remember which one I tried, or much about that particular night for that matter.. just kiddin'!).
you have a wonderful family - great pics!! -tw

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a fun day! Would you share your Danish Twist recipe? blessings, marlene

Crafts a la Mode said...

I have a surprise for you over at my blog. I am a "fan" of your blog, just so you know. Take care, Linda