Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hand Forged

I am not like the mechanic wife, who's car is never running. Or the accountant's wife, who never gets their taxes in on time. Or the contractor's wife, who never gets her house finished.

No I am the wife of a blacksmith who is lucky enough to have a lot of his handy work around the house.


Like a hand forged gig for the 7 year old grandson.












Or a forged gig for the 4 year old grandson.










The dog kennel even has a hand forged handle and latch.











And beautiful hand forged latch and hinges on my deck.










6 count them, 6 hand forged skewers










Gorgeous hand forged andirons.











My own personal knocker on my red front door.










Or my other knocker on the brown door. (Every woman needs 2 knockers)








My wonderful crane in the living room fireplace.










Even hand forged steak turners.









My little hand forged garden trowel.






And then there are the hand forged gigs he sells. My egg money!


I am so lucky to be married to wonderful talented blacksmith.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Lovin your knockers Patti!

Really beautiful items, you are blessed with a very talented hubby!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Wow! Hand forged handle on the dog kennel--now that is just plain cool!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Loved your knockers! :) blessings, marlene

Erica said...

Wow! Your husband makes some very cool things! My husband forges knives.

Monica at Buttoncounter said...

I wish my husband could forge some knockers like that for me...but I usually don't let him touch them though because really, they are for decoration.

tee hee,

Monica

Unknown said...

You're a born artist! It amazes me when girls can do man's work and most especially when us girls outdone them! I adore that red front door of yours. Putting a personalized knocker to it adds life to the door design. My Mom said that doors are the soul of the home. That's is why whenever we pass on a house with iron entry doors she can easily say what kind of people lives in the house.