Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happy 6th Birthday Brady

A slow start to a nice day, that's all I can say. I was up just before 8 AM and made a pot of coffee, fed the dog, tried to take Sarah's dog Josie outside but she wanted nothing to do with me and went for the big paper. You can tell school is about to start, that made up about 95% of the ads today. I enjoyed my Mocha Cappuccino with the paper. Tom Monat and Forrest came by to pick up the carpet remnant we gave Forrest. BT and I loaded our vehicles with stuff for the fish fry. Let's just call this a breakfast free morning.





I arrived at the party about an hour after BT and just before noon. The day was sunny and hot. Water toys were set up all over the yard and plenty of soaker water guns. Lona set up the slip and slide. 22 people were there to enjoy the day. The meal was fried blue catfish, chicken strips and all the trimming. And not to forget Brady's Mickey Mouse cake. When Brady opened his quilt I had made for him, little Alex said "I have one of those too" and quickly ran to his room for his quilt from Dammaw. Nothing doing, he wanted his picture taken with Brady after he completely spread his quilt out.



BT and I headed home around 4. I had laundry, he had rusty metal to unload and clean up. I worked on the black and white quilt, I think I about have it figured out. We took a break about 6 and had a drink on the deck. Bentley enjoyed his ice cubes with us. By 7 we had crashed in the living room. Sarah called at 9:24, they had just walked in, a little over 6 hours back home. It was so good to see them, I only wish we could have spent more time together.









Time for bed real soon, 81 degrees with 70% humidity at 10:13.

No comments: