Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Shopping in the heat

I left the house before 8:45 and stopped by Eric and Kathy's to pick up their car seat to bring the new little guy home. My first stop was for a manicure and then on to the hospital. As I walked in the room, Eric was holding the baby. Such a precious little guy with perfect features and blond fuzzy hair. Did I tell you I felt like the grandma taking the car seat into the hospital. I was disappointed no one ask about me it either :(

By the time I left it was almost 11:00, on to the bank, feed store, Penney's, Old Navy, T J Maxx, Lowe's, Westlakes, Hobby Lobby and Aldi. Whew....I still have Wal-mart to go. After filling my basket with $89 worth of "stuff", I was walking out when I remembered I had forgotten to buy BT the trac phone he wanted. The Door Greeter with the Donald Duck hat on said he would guard my cart. In less then 4 minutes I was back retrieving it after spending another $143.00. Sam Walton would be proud of me today.

It was 2:00 before I arrived home and Bentley was glad to get out of his kennel. I got him set up in the garage with the fan and water before unloading my groceries. In a short period of time I had pj shorts cut out of the fabric I had purchased at Hobby Lobby, I sewed them up in what seemed like no time. Kent from Art's Pest control came to spray the outside of the house. He and I together got Bentley back into the kennel so he could spray.





Here is the salad I made for dinner.





Fruit Salad with Honey Dressing by Paula Dean

1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice plus the juice 1 lemon
1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 apple, cored diced
1 banana sliced
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
For the dressing, combine the honey, orange juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, poppy seeds, salt, and mustard in a jar with a tight lid; cover and shake well. Toss the apple, banana, and avocado with juice from 1 lemon to prevent the fruit from turning brown. Combine the fruit, raisins, and nuts in a glass bowl. Add the dressing and stir gently.

Along with the salad we made Mongolian Beef, and BT tried to fix Chinese bean threads.

The evening was spent washing the Jeeps and playing with the dog. It was just too hot to do much else. BT enjoyed a dark beer on the deck while I sat in Grandma's rocker and rocked.


9:59 92 degrees and the same weather is predicted for tomorrow.............

2 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Patti,
That fruit salad sounds delicious!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a ocmment. Yes, the pattern was from Margaret Rolfe.

Do you have your Noah's Ark quilt on your blog?

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Zoey, I put a link on today Thanks for visiting!

Patti