Tuesday, August 19, 2008

2 days down

With the hubby gone, I've been trying to keep busy.


Monday I worked all day. Played with the dog when I got home. Ate Gardetto's and an ice cream bar for dinner. Had a cup of hot tea for my bedtime treat. Watched the Olympics and once again slept with the windows open.

Today, I stayed on the computer the first 2 hours I was up. After that I ironed just the few pieces left over from the laundry. I then hemmed 5 pairs of school uniform pants for McKenzie. By this time it was just noon. My lunch was marinated grapes*. It was a beautiful day outside so I decided to travel to Lake Ozark to go shopping. On my way I crossed the bridge just below the Bagnall Dam.

I stopped at a couple of decorator's outlets, Marshall's, super Target, and last Circle of Friends Fabric and Quitting store. That's where I found myself a new Paper Piece book, titled "A year of Paper Piecing". Last but not least, McDonald's for a Large Sweet Tea!

It was then deck time with my new quilt book and the daily news paper. Then I cut some grass.




My Naked Ladies having finally bloomed this year. These bulbs were originally started from BT's Grandmother Martha. She was born in 1894 and never learned to read or write. There was a radio program called Kitchen Klatter during the 50's and 60's. She would listen to the recipe and tell her husband when he came home from work. He would write it down for her. Later if she wanted to make it again, he would read it before he left for work. As newly weds I loved going to her house. If it were an afternoon visit, she would have gallon jars of homemade cake donuts or popcorn and always orange soda. If it were for dinner, she would always have 2 kinds of meats.

I will close the evening out by watching the Olympics. And who knows what will be my dinner. maybe popcorn and ice cream?!?

7:16 PM 79 degrees.
*Recipe for Marinated Grapes
1 cup sour cream (not lite)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Mix well, add stemmed seedless grapes. (Purple are my favorite)
Chill well, OH SO GOOD!

2 comments:

Tipper said...

Looks like you're enjoying your time alone. I'm going to give the grapes a try!

Diana LaMarre said...

Popcorn for dinner--you and I would be good dinner companions. I have popcorn quite often. I like to toss cheddar cheese on mine.

I have never had grapes in sour cream. It does sound good. I must remember to try it. DH loves grapes.