Friday, November 27, 2009

The day after thanksgiving






This is what I did first thing yesterday morning. It's the first thing I do almost every morning, Caffe Mocha.





Next it was on to the day's preparations. Toast the bread for the dressing. See the sweet potatoes waiting to be peeled? I then made Tipper's Thanksgiving rolls. They were delicious. It's the first time I have used oatmeal or brown sugar in dinner rolls. Visit her here for the recipe!




The pilgrims were watching over the pumpkin pie for safe keeping. I figured no one would mess with vintage pilgrims.













The dinner table was all set. Even Bentley was waiting for a feast.











Elizabeth wasn't allowed our food, but was given a baby wafer to chew on.


We all ate way too much. There are plenty of leftovers too for the weekend.











Friday morning the grand kids came at 6:35 AM. Their mother was off to the black Friday sales.

Next time I am going to ask for a food allowance for them. Each boy ate 3 fried eggs. For Alex you add a toasted bagel with strawberry jelly, a piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream, a half of an orange and a glass of juice.



Did I tell you that Tipper's rolls were really good? So good that Brady wanted one with his eggs.



And now it's time to rest.

3 comments:

Mel said...

YUM!! The rolls sound delicious!!

I think of you daily - there is a street in Denver called Osage and every time I cross it I think of you!!

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!! I've been absent from my blog, but have been checking in on yours!!

Unknown said...

Cafe Mocha is a great way to start the day!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Be well. ~Andrea~

Unknown said...

the rolls sound delicious, the grandkids are darling and it sounds like a wonderful holiday was had by all!(well except for the baby who only got a biscuit!)