Sunday, December 6, 2009

Busy weekend





Friday night, my almost daughter was given a baby shower, by her real mother. (Love you Diane). I could not attend due to the fact it was BT's

Christmas party/retirement roast at the country club.





So Jess came early for me to give her my gift. She knew it was something I had made. I patterned her quilt after the bedding set she
chose.

Isn't her baby bump adorable?

Jess and my daughter, Sarah are 1 year, almost to the day, apart in age. They were best buds when little. Guess they had to be, they were the only girls of that age in the neighborhood.


Congratulations Jess on your little bundle due February 10th. Can you start pushing a little early, remember your other Mother's birthday is February 6th!





After dining at the Christmas party, they roasted BT. Here he models his homeboy hat. He is retiring December 31!!!




When we came home with the hat, the 5 year old grandson loved it. It seems his friend Jeremy has one with a fishing hook on it too.

Oh mentioning the grandsons, I picked them up from school Friday afternoon and they stayed with us all weekend. Mom was on an out of town shopping trip. Daddy was at trapping camp.

And yes, Grandma and Grandpa had to hire a baby sitter for the night. It's been many, many years since I had to pay a baby sitter.

SATURDAY

At 11:00 on Saturday, I had to run Brady to a birthday party. When I picked him up at 1:00, he had a gift bag. It was a digital picture ornament/frame. It was so cute. Gift bags have really come up in this world since my kids were little.









Saturday evening we headed into Jefferson City for the annual Christmas parade. It's the first time they have had it at night time for years and years.

I asked someone in the crowd to take our picture. She said oh, I completely understand, I used to own a scrapbook store in town. I paid the favor back by taking a shot of her and her adorable daughter with her camera.


We found a place to stand about 2 blocks from where we parked. This is the Cole County Courthouse. Isn't it beautiful?











Here is Mayor John Landwehr and his wife on a horse drawn stage coach. He is a
blogger too.







As night set in, it was harder for me to capture good photos. This one made the boys really laugh. It's a motorized port a potty.






The Parks and Recs. float had real snow on it. They even threw some at the boys.



See their cups? These are to collect the candy that is handed out.





This is their loot! They even came home with toothpaste, pencils, bible verses with candy canes and chocolate!! (Sorry Grandma and Grandpa had a piece too.)












A reindeer car?



Grinch?



Sunday, their Daddy picked them up after breakfast. It was a good thing, as I came down with a bug . . . chills and a headache.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Hey, I know the owner of the portapotty...he goes to my church! What a fun parade and busy weekend! Glad you had fun with the grandkids.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Is there anything any cuter than a pregnant woman? I think not! What a fun weekend - we've done some Christmas things with ours in the past and had a blast. There's a hotel in town that makes a giant Gingerbread House and they loved going to see it. blessings, marlene

Unknown said...

love the potty idea. i hope it stops while it is getting used.
parade looks like fun, hope you are feeling better! on and the quilt- amazing!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Whew, what a weekend! Love all the pictures, and that quilt! PW mentioned something the other day about BT's retirement and if I had heard anything more about it. I'll tell him he needs to check out the blog :) -Tammy

Diana LaMarre said...

I love the quilt,Patti. I recognize some of those animals. It will look great with the bedding she bought.

Anonymous said...

That quilt is absolutely beautiful and you are absolutely amazing.
Looks like your busy weekend made some great memories.

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a lot of loot for a Christmas parade! Yippee!! : )