Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I am seeing RED

I feel like I've been MIA. It's just that I we've been busy with canning, watering (heat indices of 110 and rising), and cutting lots of red fabric. Plus taking care of the 3 grand kids, for a 3 day weekend while their parents went on an adults only float trip.


I started cutting the red 5 inch squares I won from Sew Many Ways into 2 1/2 inch squares. I found some blue to add to the color and now it's time to sew. And the red and white fabric inside the blue squares, are the selvages I won. No waste here!





I found the pattern in this book. I support my local quilt shop and found this book and many more I really wanted to bring home with me.

Here is more red we made last night, 6 quarts and 1 pint of homemade tomato soup. Bring on wintertime, I'm ready for it now. (More ways than one!)



I'll leave you with some of the fun the boys had over the weekend with their big wheels.

8 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Love the red, and the blue with it! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Me oh my.. tomatoes! I've looked for two days (to no avail yet) to find my dehydrator. Which I've never used, but determined to use it this year for tomatoes. Geez Louise, another problem w/ being so disorganized.. lol! But I will find it!! Enjoyed the boys on their Big Wheels - watch those trees and fence posts, boys! -Tammy

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

That is SUCH a cool big wheel hill!!!....

I am jealous of your canning ability. Really.

Diana LaMarre said...

Tomato soup...quilting...can winter be far behind? :)

Down On The Farm said...

I'm ready for winter in more ways than one TOO!!! I can't WAIT to see what you do with all those purty squares. We've been canning too. 16 pints of salsa night before last. And tonight, I'll be making peach jam. Planted fall beans this week. Waiting on our second crop of corn to come on. I'd say we're about HALF done with canning and freezing. I am SO READY FOR IT TO COOL DOWN!!! Blessings my friend!

Annette said...

I love the blue with your red squares. Your quilt will be beautiful.

Val said...

Oh I love the red but that video is precious! So fun. I have never made tomato soup. Sounds great! The only tomato soup I have eat is out of a can!!! Is it hard to make?

Brandi said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the quilt! Love all the reds! :)

Deanna said...

Great material choices. Those grands can definitely eat into blog time, can't they.

That tomatoe soup is going to be so tasty this winter! If we get enough tomatoes (which looks doubtful), I am going to give it a try.