Sunday, April 29, 2012

Keeping busy

The Blacksmith Association of Missouri will be having their annual conference before long.  Since I play a big part in running the boutique, I thought I'd better get busy.  The ladies in the boutique sell donated items for our fund raiser. 


I have made more than 20 skull caps for the guys to buy.   I figure at $3.00 a piece they can afford several. 



I've also made 20 plus charms featuring things the blacksmiths and their wives should like. At $5.00 for a charm and $2.00 for a bead chain, hopefully they will go fast. 


I want to say a big thank you to Ms. Tammy of Flat Creek Farm for her help in teaching me just how to put these charms together.  She not only sent me free samples to work with, but she gave me telephone support on my walk through Lowe's for the sealer.  Of course that conversation ended with our blacksmiths talking to each other. 


10 dozen Cookies made - check
20+ Caps made - check
20+ charms made


What else can I make????

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I don't think I can help with suggestions...not knowing any blacksmiths...and only one blacksmith wife (you)...

zipper bags?
bookmarks?
journal covers?
headbands?
totes?

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

If you have any "'do rags" (skull caps) left when the conference is over, let me know. Shane wears them at work in the summer.

Diana LaMarre said...

I bet those peace sign caps will go fast!

Anonymous said...

how about something to go with brats and beans on thursday evening. Ken and I are cooking. It would be nice to have something from a real good cook.

Lise said...

I wish I lived closer, would love to attend!

Deanna said...

You are definitely keeping busy. It looks like you have a lot of interesting items as a result. My money is on the food going first ;)