Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tea for two!

Sarah's co-workers held a tea party for her on Saturday. Luckily I was close enough to drive down for the day. The crowd grew after this picture and half of the next table was full too.

I had to take a picture of the desserts. Coconut cake, to die for chocolate cake, and big chocolate covered strawberries.  The middle tier was grapes, Israeli melon, strawberry scones, and lemon curd. The bottom tier was chicken salad croissants, veggie wraps, and quiche.  All were delicious!


Lisa seems to know the daddy-to-be quite well. She gave 2 adorable ties, along with a black suit jacket, jeans, and tennis shoes!


Lisa also found a hat and mittens, that look just like Sarah's dog, Josie.


Charity gave a Florida gators bib made by her Mother. She also gave her a sample of the Missouri fabric for a bib and blanket to follow.


Here's the Gator blanket. You see Daddy-to-be graduated from the University of Florida.


These are the burp cloths I made. Sarah is a graduate of the University of Missouri, of course that is the fabric I chose. I also included onesies for MU.


I didn't want to leave my SIL out so of course I made burp clothes from the University of Florida too. Yes, I did include Gator onesies too. Thanks to my niece and sister in law for purchasing the onesies in Florida for me. Also a thank you to Brandi for sending me the Florida Gator fabric. 


Thanks to Amanda and her son Gage for hosting the shower. I got to meet Amanda's mother who was in from Indiana. She too is a quilter. We had fun talking about grand babies and quilting!

Sarah is in the home stretch, one more shower to go!

5 comments:

Annie at Haphazard Homestead said...

A tea party is a great idea for a shower! Where were you that you were close enough to attend?

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely reason for a tea party! Those gifts are wonderfully funny, cute and useful!!!! And the treats: YUM! So glad you could attend!! Hugs, D

Deanna said...

Who can possibly resist a tea party? It looks like everyone really had a lot of fun. So many presents!

gld said...

Looks like a wonderful party. I love the tea party theme.

Your daughter is beautiful!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Love it! Agreed, Sarah is beautiful (it's in the genes, of course). Did you use your new embroidery gadget for those burp cloths? So cute! -Tammy