Saturday, March 29, 2014

Another sewing machine!!!

Today was another auction in Osage County. . . Missouri that is. 

Let me show you a few things that were there. 
 A double wedding ring quilt top.

 A double wedding ring quilt. (It had a few stains.)


 A nice hand quilted churn dash quilt. It had a really neat big flower printed back. 

 A complete featherweight, including original grease tube and oil can. It sold for $225. 

 A lonely featherweight in a card board box. It sold for $175.

 Tons of vintage 36 inch fabric. 

Feed sacks, now these knocked my socks off. They were divided into 5 stacks and sold per stack. They brought right at $500 for all 5 stacks. 

Some of this vintage fabric came home with me. However it's not for me. It's for my friend Mara. 

 Trading stamp books, most were full ones too!

I drooled.  I'm sure it cleans better than my HE washer that is agitator free!

 Crocks, crocks, and more crocks.  


 The one he's holding went for $135.

 This one sold for $170.

This Western 15 gallon sold for $165. There was an 8 gallon Western with fruit markings.  It sold for $135.  A 12 gallon Western with the mother in law tongue markings sold for $150. A 12 gallon Western with complete handles sold for $110. 

The blacksmith bought this knife. His dad worked for Eagan Tire company in the 50's and 60's. It was a knife just like the blacksmith was given one Christmas. He lost it years ago, but now he has a brand new one! 

I saw the thimbles and since they were also an advertisement for Eagan, I bought them too. Inside of each holder is thread, needles, and safety pins. 

 This is what I came home with for Mara. 

These 3 pieces I pulled out to show you their sales tag. The first one was from F. W. Woolworth Co. 2 yards at .39 cents. The middle one was from J.J. Newberry Co 5-10-25 cent stores for .35 cents a yard. The striped one is also from Woolworth's for .39 cents per yard.

The next 3 pictures are of fabric I did bid on for myself, mainly for the tags. However sadly, I didn't win these. 



South Side Dry goods is the store where I bought the fabric for my wedding dress. However, not in 1945 as this ticket indicates. 

I am now the owner of sewing machine #11.  This is a Singer 301. I thought that would complete my set. I have now been told by my sewing machine man Phil, that I really need a Singer 201-2.

Oh well, there is always the sale tomorrow!

8 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a great sale! However, those prices seem high to me for an auction.....not that I get to attend many auctions. :) Were those prices what you were expecting? blessings, marlene

kathyinozarks said...

wow what an awesome sale-I would have enjoyed just viewing all those goodies-especially the fabrics with original tags on them-we have lots and lots of crocks that we collected years ago-we only paid a dollar a gallon back then-that was hubbys maximum price he would pay-lol I guess he made some money on them.
did they have vintage buttons too

kathyinozarks said...

wow what an awesome sale-I would have enjoyed just viewing all those goodies-especially the fabrics with original tags on them-we have lots and lots of crocks that we collected years ago-we only paid a dollar a gallon back then-that was hubbys maximum price he would pay-lol I guess he made some money on them.
did they have vintage buttons too

Diana LaMarre said...


wow, where are you putting all of those sewing machines?

Looks like a fun auction.

jerilanders said...

That's the featherweight I want! My dear mom's machine. You really get around to these auctions, and I think you would drive 200 miles for the right sewing machine!

Deanna said...

Wow girl. That was some auction! You brought back some really good memories - especially with the mention of Southside Dry Goods. Oh the hours mom and I spent in that store. LOVED it! I couldn't believe the prices the feed sack material brought. Truly amazing. The little featherweight singer in the case might have been just like mom's that I now have. Everything is with it and it great shape - even the instruction manual. I also have the sewing table it fits in. It is one of my most treasured possessions.

Has anybody ever mentioned that you MIGHT have an addiction?

Flat Creek Farm said...

Great auction! Lots of stories to tell from the looks of those collections. Hmmmmm, now a different sort of machine for your collection, and that knife - y'all did good! Looks like Mara will be busy too. How about the auction today?? -T

Lise said...

Looks like an awesome auction. Congrats on all your treasures. I'll bet there's another sewing machine or two in your future:)