Saturday, February 8, 2020

I think I over did it on my birthday. . . .

Because that evening  the flu came to visit.

First of all I have two reasons to celebrate, it’s  not only my birthday,  but the cancer was removed on my birthday last year. Thank you God.

It was a fun day, I made a quick trip to town for groceries and stopped at Yellow Moon Antique shop.



Found this 3 lb. Old Judge coffee jar, with it’s original lid!  The white milk glass candy dish, I want to turn it into pin pin cushion. The lace around it will hold scissors! 


My bff Margie knows me well. She sent this cute embroidery and quilt piecing project to me. I’ve already started it. She also sent other things, including a chocolate candy bar that was gone way before this picture was taken. 




My bff, Diane knows I mostly  wear hoop earrings. She gave these to me. She recycled the box that I gave to her on her birthday a couple of weeks ago. Does it look familiar bff Tami?



My kids gave me some much needed storage bowl lids. Who knew there were replacements? Of course my DIL, aka Ms. amazon shopper did. They also gave me a gift card to a fairly new restaurant in town, Big Whiskey that we need to try out. 


Bff Tami gave some hand made cards to me that her daughter Shelby makes. The only problem, every card they give to me, I want to frame!



I got other adorable cards too, including a pop up one.


A blacksmith friend, Robert gave a cross to me last Saturday. It’s not really a birthday present, but I’ll count it anyway!


Before bed I noticed my orchid was ready to bloom. This morning it was smiling brightly. I bought  this at Aldi’s last May. 



For my birthday dinner we went to Tres Agaves, a new restaurant about 5 miles from our house. My go to meal is usually Taco al Pastor. Theirs did not disappoint. It’s all about the presentation, right Rita M.?




Unfortunately we ran into friends at the restaurant, who so kindly told them it was my birthday.

Before I go, I need to thank all my facebook friends who sent me messages, over 350! You guys are great.

Another year is in the books. I feel so blessed to be here.

God is good.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Dear friend, I hope you are feeling better. You sure know how to celebrate! Don’t you just love antiquing? Many many more birthdays to you!

Diana LaMarre said...

Happy belated, Pati. Glad you had a good one!

Yesterday I was looking at my glass container's red lids with multiple cuts on the edges and wondering if they sold replacements. I am off to check amazon right now. Thanks for the tip!

Rita M said...

That'sounds right, it'seems all about the presentation. Happy birthday and I hope you feel better.

Rita M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.