Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Birthday and Valentine week



Birthday weekend and week was fantastic. Turning 70 isn't so bad after all.  I might even try it again!

For those that texted, called, visited and sent cards, THANKYOU!  I feel very special. Almost 400 texts on Facebook were amazing! I tried to thank everyone, but I sure I missed many. 

From Saturday to Monday, I was pretty much spoiled eating almost every meal out. Between the  Blacksmith conference and the kids I was treated well.  

It was also a day to remember it has been 3 years since my breast cancer on my birthday. God is good.


My family and friends spoiled me with gold earrings, Hobby Lobby gift cards, and one friend even sent me 70 packets of my favorite Trader Joe's coffee, one packet for every year. Then she also gave me a gift certificate to Rooster Creek Quilting store. Don't think I'll have a problem spending of the gifts. 




As for Valentine's Day, it's the end of an era. Insert sad face!  For many, many years, my Valentine tradition was to buy the blacksmith Maple nut goodies, as seen above and burnt sugar peanuts shown below. 

Production on the maple nut goodies was ended sometime last year. They were replaced with a maple coating over individual peanuts.  The candy is way too waxy.  

So, this year I just bought him a bigger bag of the Burnt sugar peanuts.




I received my traditional heart shaped box of Russell Stover chocolates. The best in my opinion!
 


Lori, my daughter in law, and Lizzie shared their sweet treats with us again. They are to die for chocolate covered strawberries, sugar cookies, and red velvet cookies. I am safe to say they didn't make it 24 hours here in the house. 

Life is Good!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday!! I love the bobbin heart, it is awesome! Sorry about the nuts, don't you hate when they stop making things we have loved forever!

RitaRab said...

I’d say you were for sure spoiled but again, it’s not everyday you turn 70, which by the way is unbelievable because you look fabulous. I’m thinking lunch and a margarita is in our future, it’s been far too long.