Tuesday, April 5, 2022

A Halloween quilt?

Why you ask a Halloween quilt?  Good question.  I have no clue why I made it. I know I saw some Halloween embroidery I liked, and then it turned into how to use the blocks. 

I added a few paper pieced blocks, because you know me, that's my favorite!



S















Here are the colored pencils I used. They come in different size sets. Both Hobby Lobby and Walmart sell them. 

There are all kinds of YouTube videos on the technique. It's fun to blend the colors. After all the coloring is finished you paint the textile extender on it and let dry. After pressing with a hot iron, you're ready to embroidery. 



 


I will now take it to Cindy Baker, who is a long arm quilter. She will work her magic with some Halloween designs. 

1 comment:

Terry said...

I did the same thing once...made a Halloween quilt and I have no idea why except that I had Halloween fabric to use up! lol Your quilt looks great! :0)