Wednesday, September 25, 2024

A pretty little farm quilt

I usually am not for hire to make quilts. I make for family and close friends, but there are exceptions.

When my daughter in law’s best friend, Amy texted me and tells me she going to be welcoming a grandchild, and asked if I’d make her a quilt for the baby.
I thought for a minute and said yes.



She sent me these pictures they had bought for the baby boy’s room.


It took me 6 quilt shops to find the perfect print! 

I then went on a search for paper piece patterns. I found all 4 of these on Etsy.


Patterns by Shaley on Etsy.


Tomte studio on Etsy.


Sasha’s Quilts on Etsy


Patterns by Shaley at Etsy.


This is the finished quilt. I machine quilted it. Since I designed the quilt, I had no clue how much of the animal fabric to buy. However, in the end I had just enough to make a cute pillowcase.





 

No comments: